Dr. Tu was born and raised in Taiwan until 1983 when he moved to Long Beach, California. Before he moved to the U.S., he had earned a B.S. degree in Forestry from the University of Chinese Culture, Taipei. He also served 2 years in the Taiwanese Air Force as a Corporal.
In 1986 he began to work at the UCLA Disease Control Research Laboratory as a lab technician until 1990 when he moved to Iowa for Dental School.
He earned his DDS degree in 1994 from the University of Iowa and went on to earn a master’s degree in Operative Dentistry, focusing on Cosmetic Dentistry, Research and Teaching from the University of Iowa in 1996. He then assumed a faculty position at the University of Illinois, Chicago, Department of Restorative Dentistry as an assistant professor till 2001.
He first met his wife at the Moody Church in 1998, Chicago, and got married in 2000. They moved back to Iowa in 2001 to join the River City Dental as an associate. One year later, Dr. Tu decided to open his own private practice in North Liberty, Iowa. He named his practice Design Dental, Inc.
- Iowa Dental Association
- American Academy of Operative Dentistry
- Chicago dental society
- Dawson Academy Alumni
- National Dental Practice Based Research Network
- 1996 – 2001 University of Illinois at Chicago, Assistant profession in Restorative Dentistry
- 2001 – present Adjunct Faculty at University of Iowa, Operative Dentistry
Professional continued education:
- 1998 – mini residency in Tip Edge Orthodontics
- 2009 – Mini Residency in Dental Implant
- 2019 – completed Scholarship program at Dawson Academy
4 children, age ranges from 12 – 18. Loves to ride motorcycle. Love fishing and cats. Been to Haiti for mission trips twice.