Damaged or unhealthy gums can negatively impact your dental health and the appearance of your smile. For instance patients with excess gum tissue often develop a gummy smile, which may cause patients to feel self-conscious about their smile.
At Design Dental in North Liberty, IA, we use laser dentistry to perform a wide range of soft tissue procedures. Dental lasers provide many benefits, including faster recovery, less discomfort, and more precise results. Dr. S. Jeremy Tu is committed to excellence in dentistry and works with you to find the right solutions for your smile. Our team can determine if laser dentistry is right for you.
The Laser Dentistry Advantage: The Ultimate Patient Experience
Dental lasers are an advanced tool that allows dentists to perform common dental procedures more accurately and comfortably than ever before.
- Improved Comfort: Dental lasers are a gentle yet powerful tool that provides the ultimate comfort during many common dental procedures. Lasers eliminate the need for drills and scalpels, which makes it the ideal solution for patients with dental fear.
- Faster Treatment Times: Dental lasers can help expedite the treatment process. Lasers are a quick and effective way to eliminate diseased tissue and remove excess gum tissue while protecting the remaining tissue.
- Quicker Recovery: As dental lasers are performing they seal soft tissue simultaneously. This reduces the risk of infection while promoting faster, more comfortable healing.
What Can Dental Lasers Treat?
Dental lasers are commonly used for periodontal treatments. Lasers dentistry can accurately remove diseased and infected gum tissues without compromising the tooth root. In some cases, traditional gum surgery may compromise the health of the existing healthy gum tissues; however, with laser dentistry dentist can remove gum tissues with better accuracy and precision.
In theory, dental lasers eliminate the need for incision and scalpels, making it ideal for gum contouring, frenectomies, and removing gum tissue. In addition, dental lasers are suitable for treatments such as:
- Gum Biopsy: Sores, ulcers, or lesions in the mouth are often a cause for concern. With dental lasers, a dentist can remove a sample to submit for testing.
- Gum Contouring: For patients with excess gum tissue or a gummy smile, dental lasers can be used to remove excess gum tissue safely.
- Frenectomy: When there is excess frenulum, it restricts the range of motion for the tongue and lips. When left untreated excess frenulum can cause speech impediments and affect your oral hygiene. A dental laser can remove excess tissue while providing minimal to no bleeding.
- Alternative to Traditional Gum Surgery: Laser gum surgery is can be an effective alternative to traditional gum surgery. It also helps promote tissue regeneration and bone growth after treatment.
- Laser Therapy for Periodontal Disease: A minimally invasive and effective way to eliminate gum disease-causing bacteria. Dental lasers can carefully remove infected and diseased tissue without harming the surrounding healthy gum tissue.
Experience the Benefits of Laser Dentistry in North Liberty, IA
Laser dentistry can help you improve your oral health more comfortably and faster than ever before. To learn more about laser dentistry or to experience its benefits, visit our North Liberty dentist office. To schedule an appointment, call (319) 208-6095 or request an appointment online.