Dentures & Partials An Overview
Today’s patients can enjoy both a range of options and significantly improved long-term results for the replacement of missing teeth. Dr. S. Jeremy Tu is a highly trained restorative dentist in North Liberty, IA with years of experience helping patients restore their smiles. He offers compassionate, personalized dental care for your needs. We work with you on an individual basis to give you a unique natural-looking result.
A denture or partial denture can be placed to restore the loss of several or all of your natural teeth. Dr. Tu will create a custom treatment plan that takes into consideration your dental health needs, aesthetic goals and will support your long term oral health.
A cosmetic denture is made to blend with your natural appearance and fit comfortably on the gums, giving back the ability to eat and speak normally after tooth loss.
Dr. Tu specializes in restorative dentistry and he has the experience to assist you with the replacement of teeth that you may have lost.
Types of Dentures
There are two types of dentures, both of which can be permanently secured using dental implants for the most natural smile restoration.
- Partial denture: similar to a dental bridge, a partial denture can replace several consecutive missing teeth.
- Full denture: a full arch of teeth can be replaced with a full denture.
Implant dentures: what to consider
Dr. Tu can permanently secure a denture or partial denture with dental implants. Placed strategically into healthy jaw bone, dental implants will provide several key benefits and the most stable long term result.
- Reduced bone loss: the implanted post will both stabilize bone in the jaw and support continued growth to minimize shrinkage of the jaw which can lend an aged appearance.
- Confident speech: normal speech is restored and you can feel confident in social and professional settings that your smile will stay in place.
- Enjoy a normal diet: for most patients, an implant supported denture means no dietary restrictions. The benefits include better overall nutrition and the confidence to chew normally and enjoy your favorite foods.