In dentistry, a dental crown can accompany many restorative dental services, and serve cosmetic purposes. To restore full function and health to your smile, we can customize your dental crown to ensure it meets your unique dentistry needs.
At Design Dental, Dr. S. Jeremy Tu designs and places all types of dental crowns in our North Liberty, IA dentist office. Whether you have sustained damage due to tooth decay, cavities, or gum disease, our team can work with you to determine if a dental crown is the best solution for your smile.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns can help restore balance, beauty, and function to your smile. A well placed dental crown offers many long term benefits for your dental health and appearance of your smile.
- Natural looking results: Crowns are designed using high-quality material that can be color matched to blend with your existing teeth.
- Long lasting, durable solution: Dental crowns are built to last. We use only the highest quality of material to create custom restorations to suit your every need.
- Restores health to your teeth: Crowns are placed over the area of damage, which helps protect the tooth from further trauma.
When Do I Need a Dental Crown?
When a tooth experiences extensive damage or decay, it will need to be addressed in order to sustain the integrity of the tooth. If the extent of the damage requires more than a traditional dental filling, Dr. Tu may recommend a dental crown to restore balance and health to your tooth.
A dental crown is specially designed to replace the entire surface of the tooth. Your dental crown is customized to meet your aesthetic and functional needs. In many cases, your dental crown is indistinguishable from your natural teeth.
On average, requires at least two visits to our North Liberty, IA dental office. During the first visit, Dr. Tu prepares your tooth for your restoration and creates a temporary crown to protect your tooth during the fabrication process. Your custom dental crown is being created by one of our local dental labs. Crowns typically take a week or two to complete, and once they are fabricated, you will return to Design Dental for your final appointment, During the last appointment, your crown is placed, and we make any necessary adjustments to your smile.
Who Should Consider a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns can address a wide range of oral health, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry needs. Our team may recommend a dental crown for one or more of the following situations:
- Cover a badly decayed tooth
- Stabilize a tooth after root canal therapy
- To restore a dental bridge or top a dental implant
- Repair a broken tooth
- To address a misshapen tooth
- Address a cavity that is too large for a traditional tooth filling
- Cover a discolored or stained tooth
Dental Crowns in North Liberty, IA
At Design Dental, Dr. Tu and our dental care team are committed to helping each of our patients restore function and health to their smile. If you are experiencing tooth damage or dental pain, visit our North Liberty dentist office. During your consultation, we can assess your needs and determine if a dental crown is right for you. We proudly serve patients in North Liberty, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, and many surrounding communities. To schedule an appointment, call (319) 208-6095 or request an appointment online.