Are you dissatisfied with the appearance of your smile?
Do you have chipped, discolored, or crooked teeth? If you answered yes, Design Dental in North Liberty, IA might have the right solution for you. Porcelain veneers are a natural looking, long-lasting treatment that can enhance the appearance of your smile. With proper care and maintenance, veneers can last many years.
Like any cosmetic treatment, it is important to work with a team who understands your vision and who can work with you to execute it. Dr. S. Jeremy Tu is a trusted cosmetic dentist who is committed to improving patient smiles in North Liberty, Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding communities. Dr. Tu posses the skill, knowledge, and expertise needed to help you achieve your cosmetic and dental health goals.
What Issues Can Porcelain Veneers Address?
Veneers are thin ceramic shells that are bonded to the front and side of the teeth to enhance the overall appearance of the smile. Dental veneers can improve teeth that are:
- Discolored or stained
- Misalign or crooked
Are Porcelain Veneer Right For Me?
Dental veneers are ideal for patients who want to enhance the appearance of their smile. Dr. Tu can perform a full dental evaluation to determine if porcelain veneers or one of our other cosmetic treatments are right for you.
Ideally, candidates for porcelain veneers should possess these qualities:
- An adequate amount of enamel
- No teeth grinding or clenching
- Committed to permanent change
Porcelain veneers are custom made to meet the needs of the patients. Ideal candidates should possess healthy teeth and gums. Patients with advanced cases of crooked teeth are not ideal candidates for porcelain veneers. Instead, we may recommend orthodontic treatment or invisible braces.
Dr. Tu carefully evaluates patients during the consultation process to determine if they are ideal candidates for porcelain veneers. If not, we offer a full range of cosmetic solutions to help you achieve your desired results.
The Porcelain Veneer Process
The process for porcelain veneers will require multiple visits to our North Liberty dentist office. Every cosmetic treatment begins with a one on consultations with Dr. Tu.
- The Consultation: During this phase of the veneer process, you will discuss your cosmetic goals and expectations with Dr. Tu. Dr. Tu will also perform a full dental exam to determine if your teeth are structurally healthy.
- The Preparation: In order to place veneers that last, Dr. Tu will need to remove a small amount of tooth enamel from the affected teeth. To ensure that you are comfortable during this process, we may administer a local anesthetic.
- Taking The Impressions: After the teeth are prepared, we will take impressions of your teeth. The impressions are used to create custom veneers. You will also be fitted for temporary veneers until your permanent veneers are finished.
- Creating The Veneers: We work with a local ceramicist to create natural looking, custom porcelain veneers. Your veneers are designed based on your impressions and tooth color specifications.
- The Fitting: Once your veneers are ready Dr. Tu will asses the fit to ensure they meet your expectations. If necessary, the veneers can be adjusted to suit your needs better.
- The Final Appointment: Once you approve your veneers and the final adjustments are made, Dr. Tu will carefully bond them into place.
Our team is committed to helping you achieve the smile of your dreams. To determine if porcelain veneers are right for you, visit our North Liberty dentist office for a consultation.
Schedule a Consultation
At Design Dental, we build personalized smile makeover plans for patients who want to achieve a beautiful. North Liberty cosmetic dentist Dr. Tu can work with you one on one to plan and implement a smile makeover plan that is right for you.
To learn more about porcelain veneers and how they can benefit you, call (319) 208-6095 or request an appointment online.