Are you unhappy with the appearance of your smile?
Do you have chipped, discolored, or crooked teeth? If you answered yes, Design Dental in North Liberty, IA might have the right solution for you. Porcelain veneers are a natural-looking, long-lasting treatment that can enhance the appearance of your smile. With proper care and maintenance, veneers can last many years.
Like any cosmetic dental treatment, it is important to work with a team who understands your vision and who can work with you to execute it. Dr. S. Jeremy Tu is a cosmetic dentist who can improve your smile. Dr. Tu has the skill, knowledge, and expertise needed to help you achieve your cosmetic and dental health goals.
Porcelain Veneers in North Liberty, IA
The process for porcelain veneers will require multiple visits to our North Liberty dentist office. Every cosmetic treatment begins with a one on consultation with Dr. Tu.
- The Consultation: During this phase of the veneer process, you will discuss your cosmetic goals and expectations with Dr. Tu. Dr. Tu will also perform a full dental exam to determine if your teeth are structurally healthy.
- The Preparation: In order to place veneers that last, Dr. Tu will need to remove a small amount of tooth enamel from the affected teeth. To ensure that you are comfortable during this process, we may administer a local anesthetic.
- Taking The Impressions: We will take impressions of your teeth once your dentist prepares them. A local ceramicist will use these impressions to create your custom veneers. We will also fit you for temporary veneers until your permanent veneers are ready.
- Creating The Veneers: We work with a local ceramicist to create natural-looking, custom porcelain veneers. Using the molds of your teeth and the color specifications, they will make the veneers.
- The Fitting: Once your veneers are ready Dr. Tu will assess the fit to ensure they meet your expectations. If necessary, we can adjust the veneers to suit your needs better.
- The Final Appointment: Once you approve your veneers, Dr. Tu will carefully bond them into place.
Our team will help you achieve the smile of your dreams. To determine if porcelain veneers are right for you, visit our North Liberty dentist’s office for a consultation.
Are Porcelain Veneer Right For Me?
Dental veneers are ideal for patients who want to enhance the appearance of their smile. Dr. Tu can perform a full dental evaluation to determine if porcelain veneers or one of our other cosmetic treatments is right for you.
Ideally, candidates for porcelain veneers should possess these qualities:
- An adequate amount of enamel
- No teeth grinding or clenching
- Committed to permanent change
Porcelain veneers are custom-made to meet the needs of the patients. Ideal candidates should possess healthy teeth and gums. Patients with advanced cases of crooked teeth are not ideal candidates for porcelain veneers. Instead, we may recommend orthodontic treatment or invisible braces.
Dr. Tu carefully evaluates patients during the consultation process to determine if they are ideal candidates for porcelain veneers. If not, we offer a full range of cosmetic solutions to help you achieve your desired results.
Porcelain Veneers: Frequently Asked Questions
What issues can porcelain veneers address?
Veneers are thin ceramic shells that Dr. Tu will bond to the front and side of the teeth. This will enhance the overall appearance of your smile. Dental veneers can improve teeth that are:
- Discolored or stained
- Misalign or crooked
Do dental veneers cause tooth damage over time?
No. Dental veneers of any kind do not cause tooth damage such as discoloration, decay, or irritation. Veneers actually help fight-off tooth stains and, to a certain extent, can protect the tooth from decay with proper care.
Will I have to periodically replace my porcelain veneers?
You may need to replace your veneers in specific circumstances. If you chip or fracture one or if a cavity develops under it, we may have to remove it and replace it. Also, if the veneer becomes loose, we may have to replace it. If you take care of your veneers by having great oral hygiene, then it can last for over 10 years without needing to be touched up.
If I damage my veneer, is it better to repair or replace it?
This is a common question. Ultimately, it is better to replace it rather than repair it. An good dentist will tell you that the overall structure is weak if you crack or chip it. We will recommend replacing it to prevent further damage, and not affect the appearance.
Schedule a Consultation
At Design Dental, we build personalized smile makeover plans for patients who want to achieve a beautiful. North Liberty cosmetic dentist Dr. Tu can work with you one on one to plan and implement a smile makeover plan that is right for you.