If you chip a tooth, be sure to contact our North Liberty, IA dentist office as soon as possible. We can determine what type of treatment will best suit your needs.
What Causes A Chipped Tooth?
Possible causes of a chipped tooth may include the following:
- Dental Trauma: If you sustain trauma to your mouth or jaw, it may result in chipped teeth
- Poor Oral Hygiene: Poor dental hygiene habits can weaken your tooth enamel, which may make you more susceptible to chips and cracks in the enamel.
- Teeth Grinding: Teeth grinding, or bruxism, can lead to worn or chipped teeth if left untreated.
- Misaligned Bite: When your bite is misaligned, it puts added pressure and stress on the remaining teeth, which may lead to chips or fractures in the enamel.
No matter the cause of a chipped tooth, it is imperative to schedule a visit with your dentist os they can find the right solution or you smile. If a chipped tooth is left untreated, it can lead to more tooth damage and may require extraction. Visit your trusted team of dentists at Design Dental in North Liberty, IA.
Treating A Chipped Tooth
The treatment options for a chipped tooth will depend on the severity and location of the damage. At Design Dental, Dr. Tu, and our dental care team are committed to providing high-quality solutions for your dental concerns. If you have sustained tooth damaged, be sure to contact our North Liberty dentist office for the care you need.
- Dental Bonding: With tooth bonding, your dentist will use a tooth-colored resin to repair and reshaped a chipped tooth.
- Root Canal: If the cracked tooth splits to the pulp of the tooth, you may need a root canal to restore balance and health to your smile. Once the damaged portion of the tooth is removed, dental bonding, dental filling, or a tooth crown may be placed to stabilize the tooth.
Schedule A Dental Consultation
If you would like to explore your treatment options for chipped teeth, visit our North Liberty dentist office. Our office utilizes advanced dental technology, and comprehensive treatment plans to restore health to your natural smile. To schedule an appointment, call 319) 208-6095 or request an appointment online.